Saturday, July 30, 2005

The University of Chicago/芝加哥大学

Time: July 15, 2005
Place: Hyde Park, Chicago, IL

Even after the visit, I don't know yet if there is a park named "Hyde". What I know is that it's a place I look forward to because, to some extend, Hyde Park is an alias of the University of Chicago.

Midway Plaisance Park/公园


Linné Statue/塑像


Rockefeller Memorial Chapel/教堂


Chapel House (Chicago Theological Seminary)/芝加哥神学院


Edelstone Center/芝大建筑


However, I didn't find the entrance to the university, just like something that took place a year ago. Here is a university map, I guess you may find out why... /地图


U-505 /二战德国潜艇

It's real -- the only German submarine in US, and now a national memorial to the 55,000 American sailors who died in WWI and WWII. It's on exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry, about one mile east to the university.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More in Archives or Previous Posts.